Monday, March 1, 2010

Sitzmark Rail Jam 2010

Have you ever heard of Sitzmark Ski Area in Washington State? Neither had I until a good friend told me about an event that they were organizing for the local groms (mom, that means the kids/young rippers) at Sitzmark Ski Area which is about 20 miles outside of Tonasket, WA. This ski area consists of 1 double chair lift and 1 rope tow but these kids proved you don't need anything more if you have passion, creativity and a desire to shred.

Our good friend, Jesse Baker, invited us to attend this sweet event which to be honest I was unsure about because it is about 2 1/2+ hours from Wenatchee. My good bro Shelby and I had mentioned possibly going up there but we had not really talked much further about going. On Saturday morning I got a message from Shelby around 7:00am basically saying lets go to the Sitzmark Rail Jam so we rallied and were stoked to make it to the event. The fog cleared and we had almost bluebird skies for the entire event and just as the event was ending it rolled right back in. Thanks Mother Nature!!!

Jesse and the other organizers put on an amazing event for the kids. There was a great little terrain park, music by Jahsonites/Sick Donkey and every kid that entered walked with a ton of free stuff from various sponsors. There were also 5 snowboards donated as prizes which is more than most big events that I have been to. Did I mention that there were only like 10-15 kids? Shelby and I were honored to be in attendance as this event was all about sharing and giving back to the kids.

Here is a link to the FULL gallery:

Here are just some of my favorites from the day...







































No comments:

Post a Comment