Wednesday, July 22, 2009

"Special" Places of the World

Everyone has their special places in this world. Mine seem to be places that have a warm and inviting energy, delicious food and drink and beautiful beaches. Of course, there are other factors that make a place "special", but in thinking about my special places these seem to be pretty common traits.
I used to try and surf. I am sure that I will surf again but I find it is one of those sports that you have to do all of the time in order to feel comfortable. What I mean is that, similar to skateboarding, it is about feel and timing which only come with repetition and experience. So until I have the opportunity to devote more time than "a day or two here and there", I will be on shore photographing real surfers instead of getting my ass kicked my the ocean.

Here are some surfers gettin' some in Sayulita. This is a "special" place with an amazing energy and atmosphere. If you have a chance to go to Sayulita, GO!!!!






2 comments: