Friday, March 2, 2012

Ski Hill Torch Light Run with Welcome Star

I had been thinking about creating this image for a little while now as I reflected on our communities other losses.  Last year, our community lost Danny Z who was another bright and shining soul that was also lost to an avalanche.  When I received an email this morning I knew I had to make the image.

The email was from a friend of Jim Jack's and she had lost her love, who was a close friend of Jim's, in an avalanche at Mission Ridge in December of 1994.  She was hoping for an image to represent her love, Steve, welcoming the boys.

This image represents the 3 shining souls of Jim Jack, Chris Rudolph and Johnny Brenan being welcomed by another shining soul that was also lost way too early.  I like to think they were welcomed with a smile, a hug, a cold one and endless POW...

http://chrisohta.smugmug.com/Events/Ski-Hill-Memorial-with-Welcome

3 comments:

  1. That is a beautiful image, Chris. Gives me tingles.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Heather!! It means so much that you enjoy our work!!

      Delete
  2. Very nice tribute! :)

    ReplyDelete